Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programme 2022/2023 for International Students in Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA)
AFEPA is now accepting applications for the program’s 2022/2023 cycle. Application deadlines for both program entrance and Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degrees (EMJMD) Scholarships are shown below.
WHEN TO APPLY
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2022.
International countries are eligible.
The following universities are AFEPA’s key partners:
Milano’s Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC)
Bonn, Germany’s Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität (UBonn)
Uppsala, Sweden’s Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU).
Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium’s Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain).
The following universities are affiliated with AFEPA:
PUC (Pontificia Universidad Católica) is a Catholic university in Santiago, Chile.
Barcelona’s Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC)
Nairobi, Kenya’s African Economic Research Consortium (AERC).
The Award’s Details: The European Master’s degree in Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) was created in response to the growing need to better comprehend the socio-economic and environmental consequences of agricultural, food, and environmental policies. It gives you a high-quality education in terms of design and evaluation. The degree emphasizes economic research and is policy-oriented, preparing you for a professional, international, and world-changing career.
Candidates must meet the following criteria in order to be admitted to the ERASMUS Mundus Master’s Programme in Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Policy Analysis.
* A Bachelor’s degree or comparable academic degree with a minimum of three years of undergraduate study (180 ECTS credits) and an overall average of “B” or equivalent grade. Students in their last year of their Bachelor’s degree may be provisionally admitted to the AFEPA Master’s program if their Bachelor’s degree is conferred prior to enrolling. A minimum of 24 ECTS credits in economics (including microeconomics, management, mathematics, and statistics) are required. It is advised that you take a second course in agricultural, environmental, or food sciences. If your official bachelor’s transcript does not reflect credit points according to the ECTS credit point system, please send a diploma supplement that explains your university’s credit point system.
* A motivation letter (no more than 300 words)
* Letters of recommendation
Applicants will be asked to list two referees on their application form, and those two referees will be prompted to file a reference letter for an applicant straight onto the platform. As a result, applicants should inform their possible referees that they will be contacted directly through the AFEPA application portal.
* Results of an English proficiency test (no more than two years old)
* International English Language Testing System (IELTS): an overall band IELTS score of at least 6.5, with no section below 5.5.
* A test deemed equivalent by the AFEPA Management Board (if you want to submit test results other than from the TOEFL or IELTS tests, please obtain our confirmation of that particular test prior to sending your application).
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
The AFEPA consortium awards a limited number of EMJMD scholarships, with the number varying depending on the applicant’s geographic origin. EMJMD scholarship recipients will be free from paying tuition or other administrative fees in addition to the financial contributions listed in the table below. They also get a comprehensive health insurance package and a free language preparation course.
In addition, the winners will receive:
* Two-year program * Specializations in agri-food and trade policy, environmental and natural resource policy, agribusiness and market analysis, market and consumer research, or development policy
* Yearly Summer School with field trips and social events
* International experience in a global network and great career opportunities
The AFEPA experience provides you with:
* A diversified and high-quality Master’s education with excellent professional prospects
* International exposure in a global network and good networking chances